Lexus showcases besoke UX at Pebble Beach - Lexus UX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Lexus showcases besoke UX at Pebble Beach

Even though the UX wont officially arrive at dealers until December, that hasn't stopped Lexus from imaging more sporty looking variants. They debuted a custom UX 250h which features an Oracal wrap, an ABS lip kit, Vossen VFS-1 wheels, Apexi NI EXV damper suspension and a full cat back exhaust. What do we think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4200b3cc-lexus-two-concepts-for-2018-pebble-beach-9.jpg (94.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 562eb544-lexus-two-concepts-for-2018-pebble-beach-12.jpg (103.2 KB, 8 views)
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 02:07 PM

Looks pretty good and hopefully this suggests that we'll see some decent aftermarket support at launch. Odd choice to throw an exhaust system on a hybrid, but I'm interested to hear how the setup sounds.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 07:50 PM

I can't wait for aftermarket to catch up because the UX has a lot of potential no matter which angle you look at it, from performance to aesthetics.
Overfenders from brands like Aimgain with the right offset, size and design of wheel will do it justice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris View Post
Looks pretty good and hopefully this suggests that we'll see some decent aftermarket support at launch. Odd choice to throw an exhaust system on a hybrid, but I'm interested to hear how the setup sounds.
It wont be long until we start seeing more performance trims of hybrid and EV's. While these variants probably wont come with huge changes to the powertrain, they'll probably be more oriented around unique and aggressive styling kits.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 01:06 PM

If rumors of a new 4.0l turbo V8 are true then it could mean Lexus is planning to roll out high performing hybrids closer to the mid-2020's or a bit later.
very soon we'll be seeing a Lexus LC-F and some other F products. A new GS-F might not follow.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 02:09 PM

Aside from the LC 500, I really don't see the need for V8 engines. If they are able to get 300+ horsepower out of a V6, if they were to turbocharge it and pair it with a hybrid system it would be more than capable across their lineup.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris View Post
Aside from the LC 500, I really don't see the need for V8 engines. If they are able to get 300+ horsepower out of a V6, if they were to turbocharge it and pair it with a hybrid system it would be more than capable across their lineup.
Engine in the LC is the same engine used in the Lexus IS-F and the RC-F, it was yet again another example of Toyota being cheap but getting away with it.

Of all times to hold onto an engine, that's one of the few i can say is reasonable.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page