UX F Sport gets tuned - Lexus UX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2018, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

UX F Sport gets tuned

Well known Lexus USA collaborator VIP Auto Salon has released the first aftermarket styling kits for the UX. It has been redesigned with a TOMíS Racing-inspired body kit and Vossen Forged MX-3 wheels. Not sure if the suspension has also been lowered, but I'm a big fan of the results.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:59 PM

I hate how using race car design cues have become the new "rice". Using the same amount of money on performance to see what the UX is really about is what i'm after.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:08 PM

This body kit really makes it look more like a hatchback than a crossover. Unfortunately I don't think the CVT will ever allow its performance to match its aggressive styling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris View Post
This body kit really makes it look more like a hatchback than a crossover. Unfortunately I don't think the CVT will ever allow its performance to match its aggressive styling.
Essentially tuners are making these out to be what car makers were scared of doing in the first place.

Both the Mercedes GLA and BMW X2 are hatches, just jacked up and given some CUV character to better cater to the masses, nothing more.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

The launch gear that Toyota has developed for their CVT's should address most of the poor acceleration concerns that we usually see with this kind of transmission. Not sure what kind of gains we'll see with a remap, but hopefully we can push horsepower closer to 200.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:13 PM

Even if/when it shows to get some reasonable performance in the UX, I think Lexus needs a performance version, something that can rival the GLA 45 AMG, or just fall right under.