Shot of the cabin - Lexus UX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Shot of the cabin

Just realized that we haven't gotten any shots of the interior uploaded on here yet. Obviously the cabin is nothing like what we saw in concept, but I'm still a big fan of the color combination. Looks like this model is also using a trackpad, similar to what we've seen in the new RDX. Not really sure what those knobs are just above the steering wheel?
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 07:41 PM

Beware of the trackpad, its among one of the things Lexus included that's holding their infotainment system back.
Sadly they failed to take a page from BMW's book on designing a flawless infotainment system. Have you tried the pad yourself?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 11:01 AM

The touchpad in the RDX actually looks pretty intuitive, and its not like you're trying to drag a cursor around the screen. I guess Lexus went with knobs over traditional levers for your blinkers/wipers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris View Post
The touchpad in the RDX actually looks pretty intuitive, and its not like you're trying to drag a cursor around the screen. I guess Lexus went with knobs over traditional levers for your blinkers/wipers?
The traditional levers for headlights/turn signals and wipers are the same location. Those knobs extending out from the top of the instrument cluster are for other functions. The knob on the right side is for drive mode (normal-eco-sport), the one on the left I think is for traction control on/off.

Last edited by ZLEXUX; 08-05-2018 at 09:19 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 02:12 PM

There are definitely some weird layout designs for the switchgear, especially the radio and media controls near the center armrest. Have to spend some time with the system to see how intuitive it is to use.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 05:48 PM

I wish Lexus had a tuner like how BMW has Alpina because that could help show the potential of this interior.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page